Liverpool CCG Logo

Getting help and support during the pandemic

Symptoms & Testing 

Find lots of useful NHS advice about COVID-19, including symptoms, testing, self-isolation, vaccination & the NHS COVID pass here.


Practical support 

Liverpool City Council COVID Support Service

You can call the Liverpool City Council COVID Advice Line on the freephone number 0800 169 3032, Monday to Friday: 8am-6pm or ask for help online for things like:

  • Financial matters (some people may be eligible for financial support because of isolating)
  • Worries about work, including support from your employer to isolate
  • Shopping or accessing emergency help from a foodbank
  • Debt and Housing problems
  • Feeling low, stressed or anxious, and needing to talk with someone
  • Collecting prescriptions

But please consider if you have any family, friends or neighbours that you can ask for this support first.


LiveWell Directory

The also lists a range of practical support including food delivery, online activity and support for Liverpool, Knowsley and Sefton, or call 0300 77 77 007.


NHS Volunteers 

Get help with collecting shopping, medicines or other essential supplies, a regular, friendly phone call and/or transport to your medical appointment. Call the team on 0808 196 3646, 8am-8pm. A carer or family member can also do this on your behalf. 

If you have hearing loss, the NHS Volunteer Responder Support Team is set up to accept and utilise the Relay UK service or BSL Health Access can connect a BSL user with the programme.


Your COVID Recovery


Your COVID Recovery helps you to understand what you might expect as part of your recovery from Covid-19 and advice on how to manage the long terms effects of the disease.


Mental health 

To find out how to access a range of different NHS mental health advice and support services for adults, please visit the Mersey Care website here.

For children and young people's mental health support, please visit the Alder Hey website here.


Social care

For all adult social care enquiries and referrals, please visit Careline here or call 0151 233 3800.


Employment and benefits 

Employment issues and information about sick pay while isolating is on the ACAS website or you can call their helpline on 0300 123 1100.

You can get help with coronavirus Benefits Advice and Support from Liverpool City Council.

You can also contact your GP Practice and ask for a referral to:

  • Citizens Advice Liverpool for support with benefits, debt, rent arrears etc
  • Referral to a Link Worker for wellbeing and isolation support.